TraceMyIP.org

Monday 14 January 2013

The 10 Most Ridiculously Awesome Geeky Computer Pranks

I would post the full list, but it'd be a bit ridiculous, so make sure you check out the source at the bottom of this article! Here are just a few of my favorites that I found on this article.


1.  Make the space key type 'SPACE' - really easy to do as well I tested this out myself, create a new AutoHotkey script and then paste these two easy lines of script:


#NoTrayIcon
*Space::Send,SPACE


Then of course all you need to do is save it as an executable and run it on their computer!


2.  Switch the keyboard layout to Dvorak

Another simple one to do, and no coding needed this time! Just go to the Control Panel -> Region                                        and Language -> Keyboards -> Change keyboards, then 'Add' and choose the Dvorak layout. In fact, if  you want you can choose any of the other random layouts that are available if you like, it doesn't really matter :). As you can see in the picture below, it's quite effective.



3.  Plug a wireless keyboard/mouse into their computer

Now if this happened to me I'd be pretty scared, I'd think I had got a RAT or some other kind of                                                                                 trojan and someone is trying to remotely control my computer! After running vigorous virus and spyware scans, I would then just think it's a faulty mouse or keyboard and switch them. If I still hadn't seen the micro                USB (if there even is one) in the back of my computer, I'd start googling the problem until I finally realised I had been pranked. No real instructions needed for this one, it's pretty straight forward.


Source: http://www.howtogeek.com/57552/the-10-most-ridiculously-awesome-geeky-computer-pranks/

1 comment: